Canadian Beloved Visa: How to Obtain
Canadian Beloved Visa: How to Obtain
The Canadian government offers multiple options for individuals to apply for a visa or permit in order to visit, work, or study in Canada. One of the options is the Canadian Beloved Visa, which is particularly useful for individuals who wish to marry their Canadian partner and stay in Canada with them. This visa is also known as the spousal sponsorship program. In this article, we will look at how to obtain the Canadian Beloved Visa, including the requirements and the application process.
There are specific eligibility requirements an applicant must meet before they can apply for the Canadian Beloved Visa. These requirements include:
• The sponsor and the applicant must have a genuine spousal relationship
• The sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
• The applicant must be outside of Canada at the time of application
• The applicant must pass the criminal and medical admissibility requirements
• The sponsor must provide evidence of financial support for the applicant
It is essential to note that the Canadian government has specific definitions for a spousal relationship. They include:
• Marriage – A legally-binding ceremony that was held in the country
• Common-law partnership – A relationship in which the couple lived together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year
• Conjugal Partner – A relationship in which a couple cannot live together due to immigration barriers or other reasons, but they have maintained a commitment to each other and are in a genuine relationship
It is important to note that same-sex marriages and common-law partnerships are recognized in Canada. Therefore, individuals in same-sex relationships can apply for a Beloved Visa as long as they meet the eligibility requirements. The Canadian government does not discriminate based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
The application process for the Canadian Beloved Visa can be complex and lengthy. It is essential to ensure all documents and forms are accurate to prevent any delays or rejections. Generally, the process involves the following steps:
Step 1: Sponsorship Application
The sponsor is responsible for submitting the sponsorship application, which involves the following steps:
• Complete and submit the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
• Submit the sponsorship fee, which is currently CAD$75.
Once the Canadian government approves the sponsorship application, the process moves to the next stage.
Step 2: Application for Permanent Residence
The applicant is responsible for submitting the permanent residence application, which involves the following steps:
• Complete and submit the Application for Permanent Residence – Spouse or Common-Law Partner (IMM 5532)
• Submit all supporting documents including police clearance certificates, medical records, and proof of relationship.
• Pay the application fee, which is currently CAD$1,050.
After submitting the permanent residence application, the applicant may also need to attend an interview with immigration officials. Once the application is approved, the applicant becomes a permanent resident of Canada.
1. How long does it take to process a Beloved Visa application?
Processing times can vary based on a variety of factors, including the volume of applications and the completeness of the application. Generally, it can take anywhere from six months to a year to process a Beloved Visa application. It is essential to ensure all necessary documents are submitted to prevent any delays.
2. Can I work in Canada with a Beloved Visa?
Yes, once an applicant becomes a permanent resident of Canada, they have the right to work and study in Canada.
3. Can I include my children in the application?
Yes, an applicant can include their dependent children in the application. The children must meet the dependent children definition as outlined by the Canadian government.
4. How long does a Beloved Visa last?
Once an applicant becomes a permanent resident of Canada, they receive a Permanent Resident Card, which is valid for five years. They can renew it before it expires.
The Canadian Beloved Visa is a great option for individuals who wish to move to Canada to be with their Canadian partner. It is essential to ensure all eligibility requirements are met and that all forms and documents are submitted accurately. The Beloved Visa application process can be complex, but with proper preparation and patience, it can be a successful way to start a new life in Canada.