Canadian Family Visit Visa: How to Obtain (Super Visa)
– What is a Canadian Family Visit Visa?
– Who is eligible for a Canadian Family Visit Visa?
– How to Apply for a Canadian Family Visit Visa
– Canadian Family Visit Visa Document Requirements
– Super Visa
– Frequently Asked Questions
Canada has always been a popular destination for tourists, businesspeople and students. However, it is also home to a large number of immigrants and their families who have made this beautiful country their home. For those family members who live outside Canada, visiting their loved ones residing in Canada can be an integral part of their relationship. While they might find it exciting to travel to Canada, a major obstacle can be obtaining the necessary authorization. This is where the Canadian Family Visit Visa or Super Visa comes into play.
What is a Canadian Family Visit Visa?
A Canadian Family Visit Visa is a type of non-immigrant visa that enables family members who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents to visit their loved ones in Canada. It is issued for a temporary period and can be valid for a single entry or multiple entries.
Who is eligible for a Canadian Family Visit Visa?
The Canadian Family Visit Visa is available to all foreign nationals who have either of the following family members living in Canada:
1. Canadian citizens or permanent residents
2. Temporary residents who are legally authorized to stay in Canada for at least one year.
Other factors that immigration officials will consider include the applicant’s ties to their home country, their financial status, and their intention to return home before or after their visit to Canada.
How to Apply for a Canadian Family Visit Visa
In order to obtain a Canadian Family Visit Visa, applicants must follow these steps:
1. Determine whether you need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
2. Gather all necessary documents
3. Submit an online application or paper application
4. Pay the application fee
5. Wait for the application to be processed
6. Attend an interview (if applicable)
7. Receive a decision on the application
Canadian Family Visit Visa Document Requirements:
When applying for a Canadian Family Visit Visa, applicants will need to provide the following documents:
1. A valid passport or travel document
2. Proof of sufficient funds
3. Purpose of visit
4. Proof of ties to home country
5. Invitation letter from their family member in Canada
6. Medical examination (if applicable)
A Super Visa is an extended version of a Canadian Family Visit Visa, which allows parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents to stay in Canada for up to two years without having to renew their status. It is valid for ten years and allows multiple entries.
To apply for a Super Visa, parents or grandparents must:
1. Prove their relationship to their child or grandchild in Canada
2. Prove their intention to return to their home country after their visit
3. Purchase medical insurance coverage
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How long does it take to process a Canadian Family Visit Visa application?
A: Processing times vary based on the applicant’s country of origin, time of year, and other factors. Most applications are processed within a few weeks, but some may take longer.
Q: How much does a Canadian Family Visit Visa cost?
A: The application fee for a Canadian Family Visit Visa is CAD 100 per person, while the Super Visa fee is CAD 150.
Q: Can I work with a Canadian Family Visit Visa or Super Visa?
A: No, a Canadian Family Visit Visa or Super Visa does not allow the holder to work in Canada.
Q: Can I extend my stay in Canada if my visit Visa or Super Visa has expired?
A: No, you cannot extend a visit Visa or Super Visa within Canada. However, you can apply for a new one from outside the country.
Canada’s Family Visit Visa program provides an opportunity for family members outside of Canada to visit their loved ones residing in Canada. While the process of obtaining the visa may seem daunting, it is relatively straightforward as long as applicants follow the necessary steps and provide all required documentation. Applying for a Super Visa can provide even greater flexibility for parents and grandparents visiting their loved ones in Canada. Obtaining a Canadian Family Visit Visa can lead to a fulfilling and memorable family reunion in a beautiful country known for its exceptional hospitality and diverse culture.